Treating Canine Cognitive Dysfunction
I consulted with my Veternarian and she said this was a good plan and that I should document my results (hence this blog….). Please consult with your veternarian on any treatment plan that you use that is outside the normal scope that they prescribe. I am NOT a vet, nor an expert.
Ping is on the following treatment plan. Why am I using these combinations of pills? I watched a video on youtube from a guy who works in the Health Food industry and he had amazing sucess with his dog. He was able to get his dog BACK from Canine Cognitive Dysfunction with a combination of this.
- Thundershirt: I would have never thought to purchase a Thundershirt for Ping for CCD, but it came highly recommended. it apparently gives the dog a sense of thier body; and curbs some of thier anxiety. As of this post; this is Pings second day wearing the shirt, and Ive already seen an improvement. He is more relaxed, and even sat with me in the chair and took a nap. A nap with me in the chair was one of Pings favorite activities; but as his CCD put him into decline, Ping became more reclusive and wanted nothing to do with me.
- Omega-3: Ping will get 1 Omega 3 pill per day, in the morning. I bought the 500mg. The Veternarian recommended 300mg for Pings weight (he weighs 24lbs) but I couldnt find 300mg, she said the 500mg would be fine.
- Bacopa Extract: Ping will get 25 drops directly into his mouth (I use 1ml disposable syringes because he hates the way these liquids taste and thats the only way I can give these types of things to him)
- Gotu Kola: Ping will get 25 drops directly into his mouth (see the above).
- Animal Apawthecary Hawthorn Plus: Ping gets 1ml twice a day. I use the syringes for this as well.
- Vetri-Science Composure Liquid MAX: Doseage is on the bottle.
- Anipryl: Prescribed by the Veternarian. Ping will get 1 5mg pill per day. I use a peice of cheese to wrap the pill up, it makes a nice treat for Ping after all the gross liquid hes just been forced 🙂
Ping’s treatment will begin on 12/28/15 when all his supplements arrive. Currently as of 12/17/15 he only has the Thundershirt and Anipryl. Of course, I will update this blog with how things are going, I hope at least daily.